Asbestos Awareness Course (1/2 Day)
This asbestos awareness course is aimed at management and supervisory personnel who are responsible for organising and managing asbestos related risks in the workplace or personnel who may be required to remove small amounts of asbestos (under 10m2) as part of their job role.
The course is not competency based training, but an overview of the mandatory requirements as set out in the How to Safely Remove Asbestos Code of Practice, providing attendees with sufficient information to be able to understand these requirements when planning resourcing and removing asbestos containing materials (ACM).
- How to obtain a copy of the asbestos register for a workplace
- Identity asbestos hazards at the workplace
- Ensure signs and barricades are erected to indicate and delineate the asbestos work area
- Use the wet method to removal asbestos where reasonably practicable
- Ensure the correct tools, equipment and PPE is used
- Ensure decontamination facilities are available
- Contain and label asbestos waste and dispose of it as soon as reasonably practicable
- Ensure that PPE and clothing used in asbestos removal work and contaminated with asbestos is handled in accordance with the WHS Regulations
Training & Support Material
- Asbestos awareness presentation
- Asbestos Awareness Booklet
- How to Safely Remove Asbestos Code of Practice
- Type 5 Disposable Coveralls
- P2 disposable, half-face particulate respirator
- 200um compliant asbestos disposal bag
- Lunch is not provided in awareness courses
Upon completion of our confined space awareness program participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.