Supervise asbestos removal (1 Day)
(Partnered with RTO 91141)
This course is aimed at personnel who have undertaken asbestos removal training previously and intend to supervise asbestos removal for a licensed asbestos removalist. This unit of competency is recognised by Safe Work NSW for licencing purposes.
Workers (including the asbestos removal supervisors) who are carrying out licensed asbestos removal work are required to acquire a certification by completing units of competencies to show they have the relevant training to be able to remove asbestos. The units of competency completed by the person will determine what type of asbestos work they can carry out. Asbestos removal supervisors will have additional units of competency to complete.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Ensuring an asbestos removalist supervisor is readily available or present when the work is being carried out
- Providing appropriate training and ensuring the asbestos removal worker has undertaken the relevant units of competencies associated with the asbestos removal
- Telling various parties about the asbestos removal and providing them with appropriate information
- Obtaining the workplace’s asbestos register
- Preparing an asbestos removal control plan
- Notifying the regulator about the work before it starts
- Displaying signs and labels in the asbestos work area
- Limiting access to the asbestos work area
Training & Support Material
- Supervise asbestos removal Training Manual
- How to Safely Remove Asbestos Code of Practice
- Asbestos Removal Control Plan Document Templates
- Regulator Notification Templates
- Health Monitoring Templates
- SWMS Templates
- Lunch is provided
- CPCCOHS1001A WHS Construction Induction
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
- Participants will need the physical ability to perform some strenuous activities in the practical exercises.
Assessment includes written questionnaires, practical demonstrations, oral questioning and participation in group activities or teamwork.
Combined Training & Consulting Pty Ltd t/a CTC Safety RTO 7053 in partnership with RTO 91141 will award successful participants with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.