Confined Space Awareness Course (1/2 Day)
This non-accredited confined space awareness course is aimed at management and supervisory personnel who are responsible for organising and managing confined space work, but do not enter confined spaces themselves. This course can also be used as general workforce awareness training.
The course is not competency based training, but an overview of the mandatory requirements as set out in the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice – Working in Confined Spaces, providing attendees with sufficient information to be able to understand these requirements when planning and resourcing confined space work.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Identification of Confined Spaces
- Health and safety duties in relation to a confined space
- Managing confined space risks
- Roles of designers, manufacturers and suppliers
- Eliminating or minimising the need to enter a confined space
- Confined Space entry and exit procedures
- Identification of confined space hazards
- Types of hazards are associated with a confined space
- Assessing confined space risks
- Controlling confined space risks
- The hierarchy of control
- Eliminate the need to enter a confined space
- Minimising confined space risks
- Confined space entry permits
- Confined Space isolation procedures
- Confined space atmosphere and gas testing
- Confined space communication and safety monitoring
- Confined space signs and barricades
- Confined space information, instruction and training
- Confined space equipment maintenance of control measures
- Confined space emergency procedures
- Reviewing of confined space control measures
- Minimising confined space risks
- Optional: Sydney Water Confined Space Procedure HSP0001
Training & Support Material
- Confined Space Code of Practice
- Confined Space Document Templates
- Option: HSP0001 Sydney water confined space entry procedure
- Lunch is not provided in awareness courses
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
There is no assessment for this confined space awareness course.
Upon completion of our confined space awareness program participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.
Confined Space Courses:Confined Space Awareness Course
Enter and work in confined spaces
Enter & Work in Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issue, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Sydney Water Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Confined Space Refresher
Gas test atmospheres
Operate breathing apparatus SCBA