Confined Space Refresher (1 Day)
Periodic confined space refresher training is required to ensure competency is maintained and to provide evidence that you are maintaining competence. The period between refresher training should be based on how often confined space entry skills and knowledge are used. For example, the less often the skills and knowledge are used, the more often you should complete refresher training and re assessment.
Generally, refresher training should be undertaken somewhere between 1 and 4 years, however if you do contract work you should always check if the organisation you are contracting to has specific requirements.
All personnel participating in this program must hold a recognised nationally accredited confined space certification no older than 4 years. They will need to bring this accreditation with them on the course for photo copying. If proof of this accreditation is not obtained by the trainer, only a certificate of attendance can be issued.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Confined space legislation
- Confined Space code of practice
- AS/NZ 2865 (2009) Safe Working in a Confined Space
- Confined spaces definition and identification
- Confined Space Roles & responsibilities
- Confined Space hazard identification, risk assessment & risk control
- Confined space gas detection equipment & atmosphere monitoring
- Workplace exposure standards for airborne contaminants
- Confined space isolation requirements
- Confined space communications
- Selection & use of relevant confined space PPE & safety equipment
- Confined space fire prevention & protection
- Confined space emergency response requirements
- Confined space rescue planning & rehearsal
- Confined space procedure and entry permit (we include the Sydney Water Confined Space Procedure HSP0001 in the training for Sydney Water contractors)
Training & Support Material
- Confined Space Training Manual
- Confined Space Code of Practice
- Confined Space Document Templates
- Option: HSP0001 Sydney water confined space entry procedure
- Option: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation booklet
- Lunch is provided
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
- Participants will need the physical ability to perform some strenuous activities in the practical exercises.
Assessment includes written questionnaires, practical demonstrations, oral questioning and participation in group activities or teamwork.
Combined Training & Consulting Pty Ltd t/a CTC Safety will award successful participants with a Statement of Attainment in:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- MSAMPOHS216A Operate breathing apparatus
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- Option: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (in partnership with RTO 90871 or RTO 90176)
A statement of attendance certificate will also be issued for HSP0001 Sydney water confined space entry procedure
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.
Confined Space Courses:Confined Space Awareness Course
Enter and work in confined spaces
Enter & Work in Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issue, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Sydney Water Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Confined Space Refresher
Operate breathing apparatus SCBA
Gas test atmospheres