Enter & Work in Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres (1 Day)
This course is aimed at personnel who have not undertaken any confined space training previously, intend to enter and work in confined spaces and are required to undertake precautionary personal atmospheric monitoring (gas testing).
This course is designed to meet the legislative requirements for low risk confined space entry. If there is a potential for the atmosphere in the confined spaces being worked in to become oxygen deficient, or for toxic contaminants to exceed the exposure standards, you should do the 2 day course with breathing apparatus qualifications included.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Confined space legislation
- Confined Space code of practice
- AS/NZ 2865 (2009) Safe Working in a Confined Space
- Confined spaces definition and identification
- Confined Space Roles & responsibilities
- Confined Space hazard identification, risk assessment & risk control
- Confined space gas detection equipment & atmosphere monitoring
- Workplace exposure standards for airborne contaminants
- Confined atmosphere space ventilation & purging
- Confined space isolation requirements
- Confined space communications
- Selection & use of relevant confined space PPE & safety equipment
- Confined space fire prevention & protection
- Confined space emergency response requirements
- Confined space rescue planning & rehearsal requirements
- Confined space procedure and entry permit
Training & Support Material
- Confined Space Training Manual
- Confined Space Code of Practice
- Confined Space Document Templates
- Lunch is provided
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
- Participants will need the physical ability to perform some strenuous activities in the practical exercises.
Assessment includes written questionnaires, practical demonstrations, oral questioning and participation in group activities or teamwork.
Combined Training & Consulting Pty Ltd t/a CTC Safety RTO 7053 will award successful participants with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.
Confined Space Courses:Confined Space Awareness Course
Enter and work in confined spaces
Enter & Work in Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issue, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Sydney Water Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Confined Space Refresher
Operate breathing apparatus SCBA
Gas test atmospheres