Sydney Water Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer, Standby & Rescue Attendant (3 Days)
This course is aimed at personnel who have not undertaken any confined space training previously and undertake Sydney Water Confined space entry’s. This full accreditation confined space training course is designed for all persons involved in confined space entry. With successful completion of this course the participants will be qualified to fulfil any role (entrant, standby or rescue) in the Sydney Water confined space entry team.
This course is designed for medium to high risk confined space entry. Medium to high risk confined space entries are for any confined space where there is a potential for the atmosphere or the atmosphere in the confined space is oxygen deficient, has toxic contaminants that exceed the exposure standards and has the potential to be flammable.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Confined space legislation
- Confined Space code of practice
- AS/NZ 2865 (2009) Safe Working in a Confined Space
- Confined spaces definition and identification
- Confined Space Roles & responsibilities
- Confined Space hazard identification, risk assessment & risk control
- Confined space gas detection equipment & atmosphere monitoring
- Workplace exposure standards for airborne contaminants
- Confined atmosphere space ventilation & purging
- Confined space isolation requirements
- Confined space communications
- Selection & use of relevant confined space PPE & safety equipment
- Confined space fire prevention & protection
- Confined space emergency response requirements
- Confined space rescue planning & rehearsal
- Confined space procedure and entry permit (we include the Sydney Water Confined Space Procedure HSP0001 in the training for Sydney Water contractors)
Training & Support Material
- Confined Space Training Manual
- Confined Space Code of Practice
- Confined Space Document Template
- Option: HSP0001 Sydney water confined space entry procedure
- Option: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation booklet
- Lunch is provided
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
- Participants will need the physical ability to perform some strenuous activities in the practical exercises.
Assessment includes written questionnaires, practical demonstrations, oral questioning and participation in group activities or teamwork.
Combined Training & Consulting Pty Ltd t/a CTC Safety RTO 7053 will award successful participants with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- MSAMPOHS216A Operate breathing apparatus
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- Option: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (in partnership with RTO 90871 or RTO 90176)
A statement of attendance certificate will also be issued for HSP0001 Sydney water confined space entry procedure
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.
Confined Space Courses:Confined Space Awareness Course
Enter and work in confined spaces
Enter & Work in Confined Spaces, Gas Test Atmospheres
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer
Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issue, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Sydney Water Enter and work in confined spaces, Gas test atmospheres, Permit Issuer, Standby & Rescue Attendant
Confined Space Refresher
Operate breathing apparatus SCBA
Gas test atmospheres