Height Safety Equipment Inspector (1 Day)
(Partnered with RTO 91141)
This training is aimed at all personnel responsible for maintaining height safety equipment and performing the 6 monthly competent person inspections in accordance with AS/NZS 1891.4.
Training Subjects & Practical Exercises
- Legislation, codes of practice & standards
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Fall safety
- Types of height work (slopes, pitched roofs, brittle/fragile roofs, ladders, EWP, etc.)
- Forces & fall categories
- Fall restraint & fall arrest
- Emergency plan & rescue systems (includes practical simulated rescue of a suspended person)
- Fall protection equipment
- Ropes & lines
Training & Support Material
- Perform Inspection – participant guide
- Perform Inspection Document Templates
- Lunch is provided
- Participants must have completed either Work safely at height safety or Confined space training prior to attending this course. This ensures that attendees have a basic understanding of the different types of height safety equipment requiring inspection.
Pre Entry Requirements
- Participants require sufficient literacy and numeracy levels to read and interpret policies and procedures, safety data sheets and sample permits.
- Participants will need the physical ability to perform some strenuous activities in the practical exercises.
Assessment includes written questionnaires, practical demonstrations, oral questioning and participation in group activities or teamwork.
Upon completion of our Perform inspection program participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and plastic card issued through Combined Training & Consultancy RTO #7053.
- MEM15004B Perform Inspection (Statement of Attainment certificate provided by RTO 91173)
Regular public courses are run at our venues in Emu Plains – Sydney, Edgeworth – Newcastle, Botany – Sydney, Wyong – Central Coast and Coniston – Wollongong. Please see our public course schedule at www.ctcsafety.com.au
Group Bookings & Onsite Training
The training can be delivered for a group at one of our training facilities or on site at your premises if you have suitable facilities including a training / induction room and access to a suitable practical area. For our training locations please visit www.ctcsafety.com.au
Attendees are required to wear suitable work clothes and fully enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to www.ctcsafety.com.au for our full training course and booking conditions.